Are you (or someone you know) looking for a job in medical coding? We’re hiring! Apply here to join our team.
This is an on-site, full-time position in our Foxboro Clinic.
- Must hold active CPC certification through the AAPC, or AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist.
- Billing experience required.
- Must possess knowledge of ICD-10-CM and Current Procedural Terminology in addition to medical terminology and anatomy/physiology.
- Must have assertive communication skills and the ability to deal with others using tact and diplomacy.
- Computer skills and ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word are also required.
- Entry Level Certified Coders welcome.
Highlights of Position:
- Assigns ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) procedure and service level codes to patient encounters.
- Reviews medical record documentation to ensure appropriate coding and billing of physician and non-physician patient services.
- Exchange information between team members, physicians and other clinical staff and tactfully discuss quality issues.
- Ability to resolve problems in professional manner.
- Analyze medical records and coding guidelines, extract data, identify areas for quality improvement and verify compliance with all regulations.
- Ability to independent judgment, but communicate to superiors in a timely fashion.